Demonstrate your compliance to producing safe cosmetic products.
Consumers are becoming more and more concerned about the safety of the cosmetic products they are using. Fears of allergies and dermatitis caused by tainted or poisoned cosmetics have been ever-present and are increasing.
What is ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetics?
ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Cosmetics is an international, auditable standard that provides guidelines for the manufacturing, packaging, testing, storage, and distribution of cosmetic products. The guidelines provide practical advice to businesses in the management of their human, technical, and administrative sections that affect product quality.
ISO 22716 has been approved and accepted by many global regulatory bodies, such as the:
- International Cooperation on Cosmetics Regulation (ICCR) – a joint effort by the USA, the European Union, Japan and Canada.
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
- European Committee for Standardisation (CEN).
- Japan Chemical Industry Association (JCIA).
- ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality (ACCSQ).
This makes ISO 22716 one of the fastest growing Standards in the world.