Yes. Every worker and, by extension, every person in the community benefits from safety improvements within the workplace. This global system has the ability to reach every business in the world. Wouldn’t you feel better if you knew that a product you purchased that was imported from overseas had been produced in a workplace that looked after their workers’ safety and cared about their welfare?
Altruistic reasons aside, a well designed and well implemented ISO 45001 system will provide you with a significant return on investment. You can read more about the business case for WHS here.)
For Australian businesses, the benefits include:
- International recognition, placing your organisation on a level of excellence shared by others worldwide.
- The opening of new markets where certification is important to clients.
- A greater focus on preventing accidents rather than detecting them.
- Better business performance — the right ISO 45001 OHS management system will improve the efficiency of internal operations, and reduce accidents, dangers and downtime.
- A platform that proves due diligence and attracts lower insurance premiums, reducing liability.
- Legal compliance, when well designed and implemented.
- The facilitation of continuous improvement and better employee morale.
- Efficient integration into existing management systems.
- Applicability to any organisation.
So, think about this question instead…
In these days of continually rising insurance premiums, increased injury claims and spiraling health care costs, can you afford NOT to implement ISO 45001?