A new online register of high risk work, asbestos and demolition licence holders, as well as general construction induction training card holders will go live on 29 January 2018 in NSW.
The register makes it easier for businesses to check the validity of a worker’s licence or training card via a single online portal.
The register will be published in two phases:
Phase 1 – publication of the licence holder’s name, licence number and type, the licence status, and the licence expiry date (if any).
Phase 2 – will include publication of licence conditions as well as any penalty notices and prosecution actions. This phase is scheduled for release in April 2018.
When is a High Risk License Required?
Workers need a High Risk Licence to:
- remove or assess asbestos
- carry out construction work
- carry out high risk work, like operating cranes, forklifts and erecting scaffolding
- work with explosives and fireworks
What action do I need to take?
It’s important to make sure your business regularly checks your workers’ licences to ensure they’re valid, so take advantage of the new portal.
- Is the worker registered?
- Has the licence expired?
- Does it include the relevant classes?
- Does it have the correct photo and name of the worker?
All the best,